Spring is arriving in Lititz Pa and the streets are lined with the most beautiful spring blooming trees. Every year when they start to flower I am thankful to be living a midst such beauty. Our thousands of daffodils here at Swiss Woods are delighting guests and passers by as well as the forsythia blooming bright golden along the borders of our property. Every warm day will bring out more of our floral display and we are not alone. Many Lititz homes are beautifully landscaped with bright blooms.
As I continue on with the list of 100 I am once again impressed with how much Lititz has to offer.. this cool town of ours.
17. Hoovers Farm Market and Greenhouses located on Erbs Bridge Road is a local favorite. Not only is the drive across the Erbs bridge,( one of our magnificent covered bridges), beautiful, but the produce here is wonderful much of it home grown. In addition you can find all the plants you need for your flower boxes, planters and garden in their well stocked greenhouse.
18. Lititz Historical Society. With all of the rich history it is not surprising that we have a Historical Society.coupon here.
The museum, the Jacob Muller House and gift shop are open for visitors to learn all the details of the varied and deep history of Lititz. For your next visit be sure to find a
19. The Wolf Sanctuary of PA. We are especially pleased to have this one of a kind sanctuary right in our ‘back yard’. Every month they have a full moon tour in the evening complete with music and a bon fire. Guests rave about this unique experience.
20. Frizz and Freeze. Every small town worth it’s salt needs a good ice cream place. We have several but I just love the raspberry twist cones they serve here.
21. Appalachian brewing company. Make sure if you want to eat here on a weekend that you have reservations! Great beer, fabulous atmosphere and good food. Right near the Moravian Church Square.
22. Hendrick’s Flowers. You might ask why a flower shop makes the list. They are comprised of 6 greenhouses with around 70 varieties of cut flowers and there than the strikingly beautiful and uber fresh arrangements to be had here, they are the only carnation grower left in the United States. They are located right behind the High School.
23. Moravian Manor and Luther Acres United Zion Home and Audubon Villa. Within our borders are 4 retirement homes. Count them .. 4. Wow. Landscaped grounds with excellent care and living facilities, make these wonderful places to retire!
24. Warwick School District. All 4 of our children graduated from this district so I may be a bit biased. Great administrators and teachers and lots of volunteers.
25. Andy Smith, artist. Well known for his beautiful watercolors, his work is one of a kind. We are proud that he calls Lititz, home!
26. Pots by De Perrot. Steve De Perrot posts some of the most beautiful items. Examples of his work can be found all as part of the Lititz Public Library This is a must see while here as is a visit to his pottery studio.
27. Randolph pottery and school. Not only do they have amazing pottery to purchase, you can sign up for classes here.
28. Dennis Maust Ceramics, just outside of downtown on Fairland Rd. Beautiful pieces. At his open house this year I added a few pieces to my dishes.
29. The Mousetrap. Woodstream Company, parent company to Vector, is one of our stellar Lititz companies and they make.. yep.. the mousetrap! Right here in Lititz. Who knew! Here is a great article telling how they helped our troops in Afghanistan stay rodent free.
30. Mortons Fine Furniture. Right on Main Street is a small shop that makes some of the most beautiful well crafted furniture you will find anywhere. Using locally grown sustainable wood, Thomas Morton certainly fits the bill for why Lititz is such a cool small town!